What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is one of the oldest healing modalities known and is still very misunderstood. Hypnotherapy helps individuals struggling with low self-esteem to depression to smoking cessation and weight management.
Hypnotherapy is a form of “talk therapy” used to readjust the subconscious mind. When in hypnosis, the client is in a heightened state of focus and relaxation. The subconscious is now ready to accept new positive and powerful suggestions for self improvement and ultimate behavioral change. The goal is to unify the conscious and subconscious minds into a complete state of harmony, helping the client control their emotions, wellbeing, and behaviors.
Hypnosis is not a state of deep sleep, the opposite actually. It involves a “an induction” (deepened relaxed state). In hypnosis you are fully aware, completely relaxed, calm, and very responsive and open to positive suggestions.
What does Hypnosis feel like?
Being in a hypnotic state is very common to all of us. We enter in and out of this state several times daily. While we daydream, read a good book or even drive. The feeling can be described best as “daydreaming.”
Meditation is very close to being a hypnotic state, without the guidance as you would have in Hypnotherapy.
Once in a hypnotic state, your mind and body will feel relaxed and absolutely calm, very similar to a meditation state. Your Hypnotherapist will speak to you in a calm and slightly assertive voice, placing the new coding as agreed to by your customized treatment plan into your subconscious mind.
Who is Hypnosis | Hypnotherapy good for?
What Hypnosis | Hypnotherapy is not…
Hypnosis | Hypnotherapy myth’s…
- Hypnosis is a truly natural | holistic state of mind and body and is perfectly safe.
- Hypnosis cannot make you act against, or abandon, your moral code.
- Hypnotherapy cannot give you psychic abilities or supernatural powers.
- You will not suddenly blurt out your ‘darkest’ secrets.
- Hypnosis cannot permanently remove memories or thoughts from your mind.
- You will not lose control of your mind.
- You can leave the hypnotic state whenever you want.
- You are not in anyone’s power, and nobody can take control of you.
- You do not go to sleep, only a heightened relaxed state.
- You are always totally aware of yourself and your surroundings.
- You cannot, at any time, be made to do things you do not want to do.
- You do not become in any way unconscious or semi-conscious.
- You cannot get stuck in hypnosis – this is quite impossible.